- The layout of the fitness centre is modified to accommodate social distancing policies and will have a maximum capacity of 40 users at a time, which will be monitored by staff. Due to the floor plan changes, certain machines will be out of service or moved. These will be clearly marked.
- At this time there will be no time restrictions on visits; however, we do encourage users to limit their time on individual machines and be respectful of others. This policy may be re-evaluated based on user numbers and/or further recommendations from the health authorities.
- All fitness equipment will be cleaned every 2 hours by staff however members and users are reminded to wipe down each piece before and after use. This will be strongly enforced and patrons are expected to comply.
- Group Fitness classes will return gradually based on our ability to properly accommodate participants and ensure proper cleaning occurs before and after classes. Class sizes will be limited depending on the class style. Classes will be provided to members on a first-come, first-serve basis, requiring individuals to get a ticket at the door.
What will be Available:
All gym equipment must be wiped down with the sanitizing wipes before and after each use. This procedure will be strongly enforced and members are expected to comply.
What will be Unavailable; Services/Equipment
Due to certain restrictions for distancing, and or sanitizing there will be some equipment and amenities unavailable during the reopening phases and the availability will be looked at as recommendations are updated.
The CGAC will not be providing:
- Yoga Matts, Straps, Blocks or any other props
- Foam rollers, foam handled bands
- Heavy Bags/Gloves
- Foam stretching matts
- Power sleds
- Battle Ropes
- Water fountains
- Weight Scales in Change rooms