Temporary Full-Time Maintenance
About the job:
Our maintenance department plays a critical operational role by ensuring the cleanliness and functionality of the CGAC. This person must have a strong work ethic and a high degree of regard for our customers. This position is currently for a temporary term, estimated to be approximately four to five months.
- Assigned routes for cleaning
- Assigned building security routines, including after-hour rentals
- Handling and usage of pool chemicals
- Receiving and storing inventory
- Light maintenance duties (painting, shoveling, lawn care, etc.)
- Set up and tear down for all events
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- Minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications:
- Current acceptable Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks
- Availability to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification
- Current WHMIS training
- Ability to treat patrons with courtesy and respect, demonstrating excellence in customer service
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of the Canada Games Aquatic Centre's mission and operations
- Preference may be given to individuals with other post-secondary education and/or experience in maintenance operations
- Knowledge of chemicals, handling of chemicals, or any pool experience considered an asset
- Preference may be given to bilingual (English/French) candidates
The CGAC team actively supports the core values of wellness, customer service, and cleanliness.
Free membership to the Canada Games Aquatic Centre during the period of employment.
This is a unionized position.
How to Apply:
Please provide résumé to Ernie Breau (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop off at front desk of the Canada Games Aquatic Centre.
The Canada Games Aquatic Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for assessment will be contacted