Part-time Group Fitness Instructors and Trainers
A cornerstone of Greater Saint John, the Canada Games Aquatic Centre is a community centre for wellness and active living. With aquatic amenities, a fitness centre, massage therapy, and other offerings onsite, there is something for all ages and abilities to enjoy. Featuring the only 50-metre pool in the province, the facility hosts public swims and other gatherings for the community, along with sport tourism events that contribute to the local economy. The organization is also the largest provider of swimming lessons in New Brunswick.
The Canada Games Aquatic Centre is currently looking for Part-time Group Fitness Instructors and Trainers. Candidates should be comfortable delivering a variety of group fitness classes and/or personal training as required by our schedule for both land and water classes and be willing to attend workshops and in-services to maintain CEC’s and keep up to date with current trends and knowledge.
Under the direction of the Fitness Manager, Fitness Instructors are responsible for providing safe and educational fitness classes to members and guests. Part-time Instructors ensure that classes are performed in a safe and fun environment, adhering to Aquatic Centre standards and scope of practice for their specific certification.
REGULAR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implement fitness classes for members and potential members.
- Ensures equipment is in safe working order, as safety is of utmost priority.
- Responsible for greeting participants, leading activities, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of participants, providing excellent customer service to participants and patrons.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and patrons to carry out assigned duties in a warm and friendly manner and implement emergency procedures as per ‘Policy & Procedures’.
- Other duties as requested by the Fitness Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Must have a current Group fitness certification with an accredited certifying organization.
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C/AED
- Proven record of customer service
- Excellent communication skills are important to the position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Current acceptable Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks
- Must maintain certifications
PAY RATE: Union Pay Scale and experience
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Jason Hadland: firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating you are applying for the position of Group Fitness Instructor.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.