Part-time Fitness Attendant
A cornerstone of Greater Saint John, the Canada Games Aquatic Centre is a community centre for wellness and active living. With aquatic amenities, a fitness centre, massage therapy, and other offerings onsite, there is something for all ages and abilities to enjoy. Featuring the only 50-metre pool in the province, the facility hosts public swims and other gatherings for the community, along with sport tourism events that contribute to the local economy. The organization is also the largest provider of swimming lessons in New Brunswick.
Position: Part-time Fitness Attendant
Under the direction of the Fitness Manager, Fitness Attendants are responsible for circulating through the fitness centre, ensuring that the facility is neat and clean while initiating conversation and assisting members with their needs and questions. Candidates should be comfortable in a gym environment and have previous knowledge with general fitness and weight training.
Summary of Duties
- Ensures equipment is in safe working order.
- Responsible for greeting members and other users, ensuring their safety and enjoyment.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons.
- General cleaning of the fitness area will be required of all staff persons. This includes, but is not limited to, filling towel dispensers, cleaning fitness equipment, and ensuring that the fitness floor is clean and well maintained for patrons’ use.
- Ability to work effectively with other staff to carry out assigned duties in a warm and friendly manner.
- Implement emergency procedures following established ‘Policies & Procedures’.
- Represents the Canada Games Aquatic Centre in a professional manner.
- Providing general fitness advice to patrons and encouraging patrons to access our personal training services, where appropriate.
- Supports the core values of wellness, customer service, and cleanliness.
- High School Diploma or recognised equivalent
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C/AED
- Customer service orientation
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to plan
- Demonstrates initiative
- Knowledge of the membership sales environment
- An understanding of our purpose and operations
- Preference may be given to individuals with a certification(s) in any recognised stream of group fitness and or Personal training
- Preference may be given to individuals with a bachelor’s degree or diploma in kinesiology or a related field
- Preference may be given to individuals with experience working in fitness or sports facilities
- Preference may be given to individuals with current Standard First Aid
- Preference may be given to Bilingual (English / French) candidates
- Preference may be given to current employees of the Canada Games Aquatic Centre
Please clearly indicate on your résumé which, if any, of these qualifications you possess
- Starting @ $13.43/hour (depending on education/qualifications)
- An individual membership to the Canada Games Aquatic Centre provided sufficient hours are worked
Conditions of Employment
- Current acceptable Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks
- Must maintain certifications
- Available to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
How to Apply
Please apply electronically by submitting your resume to Jason Hadland: email@example.com, clearly indicating you are applying for the Part-time Fitness Attendant position.
This is a unionised position.
The Canada Games Aquatic Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.