From toddlers to adults, The Canada Games Aquatic Centre has a swimming lesson for you! We are certified by the Lifesaving Society to provide first-class swimming programs to ensure total confidence and ability in the water.
If you've taken swimming lessons at another facility and want to know which level would fit your swimmer best: Please refer to this conversion chart
Fall Session Dates:
No Lesson Dates:
- October 31st: Halloween
- November 11th: Remembrance Day
Session: September 9th - November 28th. Click here for in-depth session dates.
Last Day of Lessons:
- Monday lessons: Monday, November 25th
- Tuesday lessons: Tuesday, November 12th
- Wednesday lessons: Wednesday, November 13th (Teen & Adult end November 27th)
- Thursday lessons: Thursday, November 21st
- Friday lessons: Friday, November 15th
- Saturday lessons: Saturday, November 23rd
- Sunday lessons: Sunday, November 24th
Winter 2020 Session Date:
- Family Inclusive: Open November 26th!
- Member Registration: Open November 26th!*
* Please note member registration must be done in person or over the phone to receive the applicable discount.
- Public Registration: Open November 28th!
Winter 2020 lessons will begin the week of January 6th, 2020.The CGAC will be closed to the public from December 23rd – January 1st for our annual maintenance shutdown. Online registration will be available throughout our shutdown.
We re-open to the public on Tuesday, January 2nd and any final in-person registration can take place before lessons begin.
Click the "Register for our Programs" button on the right-hand side of this page.
Click the "Preschool," "School Age," or "Private Lesson" menu icons on the right-hand side of the page.
Select which program you would like to register for by hitting the green "Register" button.
Create or sign in to your registration account and proceed to payment.
Don't have an account? We can do registrations over the phone with a credit card!
Call us at (506) 658-4715 to register.
Parent & Tot Classes
(6 months - 3 years old)
The parent and child classes at the Aquatic Centre focus on children become comfortable with the water at an early age, focusing on kicking, splashing and blowing bubbles. As the child makes their way through the program, they will learn how to enter and exit the pool independently, as well as swim on their own!
- Parent & Tot 1 (6-12 Months of age)
- Parent & Tot 2 (12-24 Months of age)
- Parent & Tot 3 (24-36 Months of age)
(3-5 years old)
The preschool program continues the child's learning of all things swimming! These classes again help children become even more comfortable in the water, all while introducing them to the proper strokes as the student moves forward in the program. Classes start for Apricots at the minimum of age of 3 years old, and from Bananas to Pineapples children will be from 3-5 years old.
- Preschool Level 1 (Apricots)
- Preschool Level 2 (Bananas)
- Preschool Level 3 (Coconuts)
- Preschool Level 4 (Kiwis)
- Preschool Level 5 (Pineapples)
(6 years and over)
Certified by the Lifesaving Society of Canada, these programs develop students skills in underwater swimming, front/back floats, glides, front/backstrokes, all culminating in first aid skills as well as up to 600 metre swims! Our recommended age for Swimmer classes starts at 5 years, but programming is based primarily on ability level and comfort level within the water.
Call 506 658 4715 for information on getting your child assessed for Swimming Lessons!
- Swimmer 1
- Swimmer 1 Advanced
- Swimmer 2
- Swimmer 3
- Swimmer 4
- Swimmer 5
- Swimmer 6
- Swimmer 7 (Rookie)
- Swimmer 8 (Ranger)
- Swimmer 9 (Star)
Learn-to-Swim Programs for Teens and Adults
It's never too late to learn to swim! Our learn-to-swim programs for teens and adults help establish the fundamentals for individuals who have had little to no swim lessons as children. The primary lessons help students learn to swim and be more comfortable with the water, whereas the strokes classes are participation-based programs where we help students achieve their personal goals.
- Adult Level 1
- Adult Level 2