What a weekend! The 2017 NB Long Course Championship, hosted by the Canada Games Aquatic Centre in Saint John, proved to be fruitful for the hometown Saint John Fundy TIDE Swim Team!
The hometown TIDE had 32 swimmers competing over the weekend. All in all, the Aquatic Centre hosted approximately 400 swimmers across 25 teams.
When it was all said and done, the TIDE picked up a total of 8 Gold Medals including the following:
- Abby McKinley (Gold in 200m Fly, 200m Individual Medley, 50m Fly)
- Will Dauphinee (Gold in 50m Freestyle)
- Angela Kim (Gold in 200m Fly)
- Megan Campbell & Emma McKinley (Tied for Gold 400m Freestyle)
- Set a new TIDE record @ 4:47.74!
- Megan Campbell, Bridget Sutherland, Lily Belyea, and Emma McKinley (Gold in 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay and set a new Provincial Record!)
The Canada Games Aquatic Centre congratulates all swimmers for a great weekend!